Promote the Muslim Narrative in Canada. Professionally designed Workshops by Council of Canadian Muslim (NCCM), will come to your school, hospital, factory, private firm or government institution. Workshops can be tailored to effectively address the misperception of children form kindergarten up to K12. We offer a range of specially designed intense training programs to meet the needs of any work force, office setting or government institution.
Hello Friends & Followers welcome to part 3 – understanding NCCM’s Workshop program. The following work shop is called A Teachable moment about Islamophobia. This workshop that is targeted at Educators / Parents / Parent Councils – explores how Islamophobia may be impacting our schools and classrooms. Beginning with an overview of the term Islamophobia and an exploration of some common myths about Islam and Muslims, the workshop examines how Muslim children are impacted by the negative public discourses about Islam that could cause Muslim children to experience trauma. The workshop provides case studies, resources, and recommendations for administrators and educators to support efforts to promote equity and inclusion and to ensure schools promote Islam as a religion of peace that has & is greatly contributing to Science, Art, Medicine & the culture of Canada.
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS Altering the Perception to Promote the Muslim Narrative in Canada
For over a decade, the NCCM has been delivering robust and leading-edge training to promote equity and inclusion, and empower Canadian Muslim communities. Our interactive seminars are designed to create an enriching and meaningful learning experience to help participants grow and learn.
See below for a full listing of workshops available for:
- Muslim community organizations
- School, Employers, Government, Service Providers
- Students and youth
WORKSHOP OFFERINGS Eliminating Toxic Views
1. NCCM Workshops (Adults and Community Leaders)
- Know Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Engaging the Media
- Story Telling: Reclaiming Our Narratives
2. NCCM Workshop for External Organizations (Schools, Employers, Government, Service Providers)
- A Teachable moment about Islamophobia
- Islam in the Workplace
- Inclusive Schools
3. NCCM Workshops for Children and Teenagers
- Stereotypes & Diversity in Media: How do we fit in?
- Know Your Rights: Student Edition
- Say Salam – Islamophobia and Bystander Intervention
- The number of hours is for the delivery on the workshop in the standard form. NCCM can offer the workshop in other formats (shorter, divided over several sessions) based on the needs to the organization.
- Some workshops can be adapted for different target audiences (parents instead of children, general, etc…)
Help me Help us to Help them share this content. Thanks for watching. Hope to see you soon. Good bye.
Visit NCCM site to register
You might be interested in
How Will the proposed Islamic Takeover Benefit Canadians? LINK
Promote the Muslim Narrative in Canada